The world of hardwood flooring vancouver is one that is massive and can be very confusing when you are trying to choose it for your flooring project. One of the confusing and most mis-understood points when it comes to hardwood is whether to go with solid hardwood or engineered hardwood.
There are a lot of mis-labeling and incorrect information about this fact alone. Many customers are confused by the use of the word Hardwood. Quite a lot think that solid hardwood is real hardwood and engineered hardwood is not real. Some also mistake laminate flooring for engineered hardwood.
Well the fact is engineered hardwood and solid hardwood are both made out of 100% wood. In fact in some cases engineered hardwood inner core wood type is more expensive than you see on the top layer of the wood.
The following is from one of the best hardwood manufacturers in Canada. They explain one of their newest lines that is made for any situation and has every box checked when it comes to comparison of it versus solid hardwood. The check boxes include, much better stability in all situations and parts of your home combined with a much thicker top layer that, if need be, can be sanded down multiple times.
MEETS CONTRACTORS NEEDS
Wholly manufactured in Canada, the new Lauzon Expert construction meets the needs and requirements of contractors. A hardwood floor that combines the rich look of solid hardwood floor with all the stability of a high performance engineered hardwood floor.
- High performance engineered construction
- Warranty for relative humidity conditions of 30% to 80%
- Proven European technology
- Can be installed over radiant heat systems
- Versatility due to our 2-ply construction
- Wear layer of 5.2 mm dry solid sawn
- Core made of a structural bed of wood stickers
- High performance adhesive that allows movement and significantly reduced cupping
- Allow installation on slightly uneven sub-floors
- Easy floor transition with it’s 3/4″ (19 mm) thickness
- Quick and easy stapled or glued installation
- Multi-lengths up to 76″ (1,930 mm)
- Robust product
- 100% Canadian made
- Contains no added VOC and formaldehyde
- Contributes to LEED points
- FSC®-certified hardwood floorings available upon request